If pop culture and psychology had a baby, they’d call it Shrink Tank. We feature articles, polls, videos, and podcasts about everything in popular culture, including movies, television, video games, sports, trending topics, and more, all from a psychology perspective.
All of our contributors are mental health contributors from around the country. We feature psychologists, counselors, clinical social workers, and others who have a unique perspective on what’s going on in the world of entertainment and pop culture.
Whether it’s stories about Kanye West, Star Wars, Stranger Things, or Game of Thrones, we give a psychology spin on hot topics. We hope you’ll join us regularly to read great articles, watch fun videos, or listen to fascinating podcasts. If you enjoy what you find here, please share it with your friends on social media.
Want to write for Shrink Tank?
We are looking for new contributors to join our roster of excellent writers for this fun, growing website. We don’t offer financial compensation for articles, but exposure on the site allows for professionals to have their words and ideas on a bigger platform. Our goal is to get psychology to as many people as possible, so we really want psychological perspectives that readers might not be able to find on other sites. We also love writing with a sense of humor and a sense of fun.
Here are a few examples of stories that fit well for us:
If you are interested, you have to meet all five of these criteria:
- Are you a mental health professional or a graduate student in a mental health field?
- Are you interested in movies, television, books, videos games, sports, fashion, or other trending topics in popular culture?
- Do you have an interesting perspective on your areas of interest?
- Are you a good writer?
- Would you like to contribute to Shrink Tank to help spread psychology and enhance your personal brand?
If you fit the bill, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name and degree (or the degree you are pursuing if you are in graduate school).
- Your profession (i.e., psychologist, social worker, counselor, psychiatrist, etc.)
- Your areas of pop culture interest (gaming, fashion, classic movies, indie music, etc.)
We’d love to hear from you!