It was another night of generally good performances without a single absolute clunker in the bunch. La’Porshe Renae emerged as the clear frontrunner, winning two weeks in a row, but the big story is that the rest of the listings went topsy-turvy. Last week, Tristan McIntosh was near the bottom of the list, but this week she was right near the top. Dalton Rapattoni was at the top and he dropped to the bottom with a solid but unspectacular performance. Olivia Rox and Gianna Isabella, both good singers, left the competition. Neither had much chance of winning, but they definitely have some strong vocal skills.
I completed my rankings without the benefit of hearing the judges’ critiques (I paused or fast-forwarded) and without looking at my own rankings from last week until after I had given a grade and ranking them against each other. Here’s the list:
1. La’Porshe Renae – Halo – A (Last week: 1)
2. Tristan McInstosh – Go Rest High On That Mountain – A (Last week: 9)
3. Trent Harmon – When a Man Loves a Woman – A- (Last week: 6)
4. MacKenzie Bourg – I Wanna Dance with Somebody – B+ (Last week: 4)
5. Avalon Young – Earned It – B+ (Last week: 10)
6. Lee Jean – Use Somebody – B (Last week: 7)
7. Sonika Vaid – Since U Been Gone – B (Last week: 4)
8. Dalton Rapattoni – Radioactive – B (Last week: 2)
Right now, I still think it is likely to be La’Porshe and two guys who will make it to the Top Three, but the battle for which two guys it will be is still very much up in the air.